As winter melts into spring, this beautiful transition calls all mountain buffs to retire their skis and tune up mountain bikes. Steamboat Springs, CO is a year-round playground and home to a 50-mile network of scenic mountain biking trails and likes to call itself Bike Town USA!
The gondola gives you a quick ride up to Steamboat Bike Park so you can explore multiple trails to bomb down. Steamboat is notorious for its “flow” and “technical” trails with man-made and natural features like wall rides, gaps, dirt jumps, rugged logs, rocks, and drops.
If you prefer to power up the mountain and grind it out, multi-use singletrack trails await your grit and sweat with no ticket required.
For the most exhilarating 0.3 miles of singletrack, you’ll ever experience, check out Buckin’ Bronc which boasts the biggest features in the park with its mix of advanced wooden features and progressive jumps. It’s a ride you’ll never forget!
Essentials to Carry Along
While biking at high altitude, you’ll quickly realize the weight of what you carry should be kept to a minimum. With all kinds of fun mountain bike gear on the market, it can be easy to overload your pack. Stick with these essentials to ensure a safe riding experience:
- Bike helmet to protect your noggin!
- Spare inner tube to replace a flat tire.
- Mini bike pump or CO2 cartridge to keep your ride smooth.
- Tire lever to make tube changing a breeze.
- Hex/Allen wrench and multi-tool for minor adjustments.
- Consider wearing a hydration pack instead of using a bike mounted water bottle for easier hands-free use. Drinking plenty of water is essential to prevent overheating or dehydration.
- Sunglasses to protect your eyes from wind, dust, sun, and rain.
- Throw in a light rain jacket – Colorado mountain weather can be unpredictable.
- Snacks, like beef jerky or almonds, to keep your body fueled and give you an extra energy boost.
- Headlamp if riding once the sun goes down. Be sure to check your batteries before heading out.
We have many deals on mountain bikes in our Steamboat Springs Sports Shops and Rentals page. Find the best deal for you and then head over to the lodging section and find a deal for your stay! At Mountain Resort Coupons it is our goal to get you outside doing things that you love and at a better price.
From rolling service roads to technical jumps, Steamboat offers an enjoyable mountain bike experience for every rider. Want more details about mountain biking in Steamboat? Contact us today for exclusive deals.